Created by: Kingii
Presentation written by: Guo Lingyi, firstname.lastname@example.org
Presentation supervised by: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Elena M. Barbu, email@example.com
- General information about Kingii
Kingii is the new wristband for all those who love water. If you need help to stay afloat, pull the lever and an inflation bag will pull you to the surface.
Kingii is the world’s smallest water safety inflatable. This small, sleek, and stylish wrist-worn unit can deploy at the pull of the lever when you’re in the water and need to stay afloat! Wear the Kingii when swimming, surfing, stand up paddling, or just in and around the water, you’ll feel safer and ready to enjoy yourself at the beach, pool, river, or lake.
- Reusable- simply replace the Kingii CO2 cylinder and your Kingii is ready to go again.
- Small but mighty- Kingii weighs less than 5 ounces, but can hold a 280 lb adult afloat for over 48 hours. The Kingii inflatable is strong it can lift a van when inflated under the tire.
- Safety when you need it. Simply pull the lever to inflate Kingii when you need it, and remove the CO2 cylinder to deflate when you don’t!
- Impacts of the innovation
- This wristband could save a lot of lives.
- Everybody enjoys time in the water, but we all know that there is full potential of danger. Over 372,000 people (WHO, Nov. 2014) die each year of drawing and most of these drowning incidents happen within 100 yard of the shore due to currents or exhaustion. And this is the statistic kingii wants to change. They are doing that by letting kingii wearable that can offer an appropriate solution for any age group to increase their safety while being in and around the water.
- Winner- Gold Medal for Innovation, Edison Awards 2016
- Finalist- Holiday Park Innovation Award 2016
- Finalist- Sport Technology Award 2016
- Finalist- World Technology Innovation World Cup 2016
- Finalist- Sport Technology Awards 2016